We created the Kiitos website (mobile app coming!) for parents to buy, borrow and sell baby and kid gear among friends, friends of friends and their community. Our “connected” peer-to-peer marketplace creates the ideal site for conveniently purchasing, selling or borrowing items from trusted users.
When I was pregnant, a friend posted a link to her Craigslist listing for a stroller that she preferred to sell to a friend. I immediately wanted to buy her stroller, Nathalee wasn’t just a friend, she was someone whom I trusted to have done the research on an amazing stroller. I bought her stroller and she didn’t have to deal with strangers on Craigslist. We hope Kiitos connects friends to products they need and helps people unload products their kids have outgrown. Kiitos is different than any other marketplace because our connectivity and filter features allow you to know if you are buying from a friend, a friend of a friend, or someone in the Kiitos community. We also offer borrowing features at no cost. As parents we borrow lots of gear and want to make it easy for families to loan out their gear and clothing to friends and automatically receive reminders when to return it.
- We designed Kiitos to buy, borrow and sell among friends, friends of friends and the community. Whenever you are meeting someone in person to complete a transaction if you have not met them before we recommend for your safety you meet in a public place such as a police station parking lot.
What brands are accepted on Kiitos?
- All brands are accepted, however if you spent less than $10 new, we recommend that you donate these items to a local charity near you as their resale value is minimal. We plan to offer donation opportunities in the future. You will earn more by selling highly rated, popular and top quality brands.
What brands sell best on Kiitos?
- We are analyzing our sales data and will let you know soon. That said, we personally love: Crewcuts, Hanna Andersson, Baby Gap/Gap Kids, Aden + Anais, BabyBjorn, B.O.B. Revolution and UppaBaby.
What items are not accepted on Kiitos?
- Items that have been recalled. Search here before listing your item.
- Items that have missing or broken parts.
- Car seats due to federal safety laws.
- Overly worn, stained or poor quality items.
- Homemade or altered items.
- Items considered offensive or inappropriate for family-friendly audiences.
- Counterfeit or illegally obtained items.
Can I sell a car seat or crib?
- We do not accept car seats due to safety regulations. However, you can sell car seat covers and car seat attachments for strollers.
- Cribs must adhere to the latest safety requirements found here. They also cannot be damaged or more than 5 years old.
- Try to avoid placing items on patterned rugs/carpet or cluttered backgrounds. Use a white sheet or solid wall as a backdrop.
- Natural light works best.
- Take pictures of products at a couple angles to give a better perspective.
- Attention to detail: If you’re selling items with interesting patterns/colors, elaborate stitching and embellishments, include one picture with a close up.
- Please don’t sell something you wouldn’t buy. Donate instead.
- We want to provide the best for our users. Highly rated, popular and top quality brands are preferred.
- Charge less for good condition, casual clothing, infant products and older toys.
- Charge more for new with tags, excellent condition, specialty clothing, with manual/original box, clothing/toy/book bundles.
- Bargain Brands: Circo, Carter’s, Garanimals. Retail <$10, Sell at $1-4. However, we recommend that you donate these items to a local charity near you as their resale value is minimal. We plan to offer donation opportunities in the future.
- Basic Brands: H&M, Old Navy, OshKosh, The Children’s Place. Retail $5-15, Sell at $3-6.
- Better Brands: Gap, Polo, Gymboree, Hanna Andersson, Nordstrom, Crewcuts. Retail $10-40; Sell at $5-15.
- Boutique Brands: Janie & Jack, Neiman Marcus, Bloomingdales. Retail at $30+; Sell at 25-35% of original price.
- Bundle clothing into multiple pieces unless it is a specialty item like a flower girl or holiday dress, maternity special occasion/work clothes. For example: Sell 5 pajamas for $15, 10 outfits for $25, 5 Shirts + 5 leggings + 3 headbands for $30, etc.
- Toys, Gear and Everything else:
- Sell at 30-40% or retail price.
- As with clothing, items sell better in “bundles”. 10 books, 5 infant toys, etc.
- Please do not sell any products with missing or broken parts.
- We do not accept car seats due to safety regulations.
- Cribs must adhere to the latest safety requirements found here.
ITEM DESCRIPTION TIPS
- Use #hashtags for brand name and category, so your products are easily searchable. Example: #babybjorn, #gapkids, #uppababy #doublestroller.
- Specify if your product comes with any accessories and if they are included in the price.
- If available, include a link to the manufacturer’s website for the full product description and specifications.