How do I list an item to sell?
- Select the camera icon in the middle of the navigation bar at the bottom of the app to add a listing. It will take you to a form page asking for information about the product(s) you’re interested in selling. Click on the + sign within the circle to add photos of your product and complete the rest of the form. Be sure to select the Listing Type as “Sell”. Once you press “Save Listing” button at the end of the form, your product will be added to the marketplace. You can always edit your listing or remove it at any time. Fields marked with an * are mandatory and will need to be completed.
How do I price an item?
- Charge less for good condition, casual clothing, infant products and older toys. Charge more for new with tags, excellent condition, specialty clothing, with manual/original box, clothing/toy/book bundles.
- Refer to our Best Practices section on Pricing Tips for specific suggestions.
How do I buy an item?
- When you have found item(s) you are interested in purchasing, simply click “Buy” and complete the remaining steps for purchasing. If you are picking up locally message the seller to arrange pickup. If you do not know the seller we highly recommend you meet in a police station parking lot or other safe public place. We only recommend home pickups for buying and selling among friends.
How do I list an item that I am seeking?
- You can get started by selecting the camera button in the middle of the bar at the bottom of the app. Then select your Category > Subcategory (if appropriate) > under Listing Type select “Request” > Complete remaining form > select ‘Save Listing’ to publish live.
How do I search for items?
- You can search for items on the homepage in the search bar on the top of the screen or by selecting magnifying glass in the navigation bar at the bottom of the app. You can search by category, keyword, brand, product and location.
PAYMENTS AND RETURNS:
How do I receive payment?
- We use STRIPE as our payment processor. Once you create an account, you will need to link it with your bank account with your account and routing number. Then all payments received will be directly deposited into your account. This is a secure site and your information is protected.
What types of payments are acceptable?
- Credit Card (Visa, Mastercard, American Express and Discover) and Stripe.
Do you accept returns or exchanges?
- Returns and exchanges are determined by the seller. Please confirm with the seller prior to making a transaction. It is safe to assume that all sales are final.
What should I do if someone asks me to complete the transaction off the Kiitos website?
- Transaction off Kiitos website are not recommended. Our fees are minimal and are for your protection. We have no way of helping if you’re faced with fraud or inappropriate activity.
What if the item I purchased arrives, but is not as described or damaged?
- Contact us at email@example.com with your order number and explanation of the issue.
What if the item I purchased doesn’t arrive?
- We encourage sellers to ship products or arrange pickup within 7 days of purchase. If you have not received your products in more than 2 weeks, contact the seller first. If no response, contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org with your order number and we are happy to look into it for you.
What if the item I loaned out is not returned by the designated return date?
- We encourage you to follow up with the person borrowing your item. Sometimes a friendly reminder is all that it takes. If no response, contact us at email@example.com with your order number and we are happy to look into it for you.
What if the seller asks me to sell outside of Kiitos?
What are my donation options?
- Extend the love: Kiitos partners with local schools and children/education-related nonprofits as a way donate proceeds from the sale of your products instead of keeping the cash. This is completely optional.
- At the time, you have only have the option to donate all proceeds (minus our Kiitos service fee) to the nonprofit. In the future, we will provide options to allow you to only donate a percentage of the sale to the nonprofit of your choosing.
Do you accept all nonprofits?
- Initially, we are partnering with nonprofit schools and organizations whose mission is related to helping children and mothers thrive. For example, Bromwell Elementary.
How do I sign up my nonprofit
- Please fill out this form (NEED LINK) to submit an application to be considered. If approved, your nonprofit will be added to our list of optional donation partners.
What are my options for shipping?
- At this time, shipping options are limited. You can create a pre-addressed label through USPS or simply go to your local USPS, UPS, or FedEx store to ship your goods to the buyer.
What shipping supplies will I need?
- If you plan to sell regularly on Kiitos, we recommend buying two items:
The shipping scale will allow you to accurately predict the cost of shipping your products as you will know the exact weight. USPS provides a Postage Price Calculator to see various options.
Can I personally deliver my items to a buyer?
- Yes, especially if you know the buyer. If not,
- Set up meetings during daytime hours only.
- Bring a trusted friend or family member with you.
- Do not provide any personal or financial information.
- Don’t invite strangers into your home, and do not go into theirs.
- Consider your local police or fire station as a meeting place.
How long will it take for the items I purchased to arrive?
- We encourage sellers to ship products within 7 days of purchase. If you have not received your products in more than 2 weeks, contact the seller first. If no response, contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org with your order number and we are happy to look into it for you.
How do I invite friends?
- Inviting friends is easy. Using our app, you can invite friends from your contacts on your mobile device or from Facebook. Select the 4th icon (two people with + sign) on the navigation bar at the bottom of the app and follow the prompts. You can also invite contacts from our website.
Is Kiitos available outside the US?
- Kiitos is currently available in the US, however we plan to expand globally. Please contact us at email@example.com if you’re interested in Kiitos coming to your city.
How do I create an account?
- After you download the Kiitos app, you will be prompted to create an account when you open the application. On our website, select ‘Sign up’ in the upper right corner and follow the instructions. Once your initial account has been established with your user name/email or with Facebook, you can made modifications to your account at any time. You can also add your location, phone number, profile information and more. These options are available under “Settings”.
How do I change my password?
- If you have forgotten your password, select ‘Forgot username or password’ hyperlink below the sign in field. You will need to supply the email address you used when creating your account. It will send an email with instructions for resetting your password.
- If you want to update your password, click on the arrow next to your your name/image on the top right of the screen (also to the left of the menu button). Then select Settings > Account and follow the prompts.
How do I change my username?
- If you have forgotten your username select ‘Forgot username or password’ hyperlink below the sign in fields. You will need to supply the email address you used when creating your account. It will send an email with instructions for resetting your password.
- If you want to update your username, click on the arrow next to your your name/image on the top right of the screen (also to the left of the menu button). Then select Settings > Account and follow the prompts.
How do I add my profile picture?
- On our website, click on the arrow next to your your name/image on the top right of the screen (also to the left of the menu button). Then select Settings > Profile Info. Scroll towards the bottom of the page and you see an option to add “Profile picture’. On our mobile app, select the profile icon (last one) on the navigation bar. Then click on your picture to change it.
How do I delete my account?
- If you want to delete your account, click on the arrow next to your your name/image on the top right of the screen (also to the left of the menu button). Then select Settings > Account and follow the prompts under ‘Delete Account’.
- If you delete your account, your personal information (name, phone number, address, email, profile picture, etc.) will be deleted permanently and can’t be recovered. All the listings you have created will be removed. You won’t be able to reactivate your account.
- Information where other members are involved (conversations with other people, transactions you’ve made, reviews you’ve given to others, etc) is not removed when you delete your account. However, your name will no longer be displayed next to this information.
Are there fees associated with using Kiitos to buy, sell or borrow items?
- Listing products is free!
- We charge a 7% + $0.50 service fee for every transaction. This small fee helps to cover our operating expenses.
Can I get reimbursed for the Kiitos fee if I return the item?
- Yes, contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org with your order number and we are happy to reimburse you for the fee.
- We designed Kiitos to buy, borrow and sell among friends, friends of friends and the community. Whenever you are meeting someone in person to complete a transaction if you have not met them before we recommend for your safety you meet in a public place such as a police station parking lot.
What brands are accepted on Kiitos?
- All brands are accepted, however if you spent less than $10 new, we recommend that you donate these items to a local charity near you as their resale value is minimal. We plan to offer donation opportunities in the future. You will earn more by selling highly rated, popular and top quality brands.
What brands sell best on Kiitos?
- We are analyzing our sales data and will let you know soon. That said, we personally love: Crewcuts, Hanna Andersson, Baby Gap/Gap Kids, Aden + Anais, BabyBjorn, B.O.B. Revolution and UppaBaby.
What items are not accepted on Kiitos?
- Items that have been recalled. Search here before listing your item.
- Items that have missing or broken parts.
- Car seats due to federal safety laws.
- Overly worn, stained or poor quality items.
- Items considered offensive or inappropriate for family-friendly audiences.
- Counterfeit or illegally obtained items.
- Items that do not fit into the categories of baby, kid, maternity or family gear and products. Kiitos is built by parents for parents.
Can I sell a car seat or crib?
- We do not accept car seats due to safety regulations. However, you can sell car seat covers and car seat attachments for strollers.
- Cribs must adhere to the latest safety requirements found here. They also cannot be damaged or more than 5 years old.
- Try to avoid placing items on patterned rugs/carpet or cluttered backgrounds. Use a white sheet or solid wall as a backdrop.
- Natural light works best.
- Take pictures of products at a couple angles to give a better perspective.
- Attention to detail: If you’re selling items with interesting patterns/colors, elaborate stitching and embellishments, include one picture with a close up.
- Please don’t sell something you wouldn’t buy. Donate instead.
- We want to provide the best for our users. Highly rated, popular and top quality brands are preferred.
- Charge less for good condition, casual clothing, infant products and older toys.
- Charge more for new with tags, excellent condition, specialty clothing, with manual/original box, clothing/toy/book bundles.
- Bargain Brands: Circo, Carter’s, Garanimals. Retail <$10, Sell at $1-4. However, we recommend that you donate these items to a local charity near you as their resale value is minimal. We plan to offer donation opportunities in the future.
- Basic Brands: H&M, Old Navy, OshKosh, The Children’s Place. Retail $5-15, Sell at $3-6.
- Better Brands: Gap, Polo, Gymboree, Hanna Andersson, Nordstrom, Crewcuts. Retail $10-40; Sell at $5-15.
- Boutique Brands: Janie & Jack, Neiman Marcus, Bloomingdales. Retail at $30+; Sell at 25-35% of original price.
- Bundle clothing into multiple pieces unless it is a specialty item like a flower girl or holiday dress, maternity special occasion/work clothes. For example: Sell 5 pajamas for $15, 10 outfits for $25, 5 Shirts + 5 leggings + 3 headbands for $30, etc.
- Toys, Gear and Everything else:
- Sell at 30-40% or retail price.
- As with clothing, items sell better in “bundles”. 10 books, 5 infant toys, etc.
- Please do not sell any products with missing or broken parts.
- We do not accept car seats due to safety regulations.
- Cribs must adhere to the latest safety requirements found here.
ITEM DESCRIPTION TIPS
- Use #hashtags for brand name and category, so your products are easily searchable. Example: #babybjorn, #gapkids, #uppababy #doublestroller.
- Specify if your product comes with any accessories and if they are included in the price.
- If available, include a link to the manufacturer’s website for the full product description and specifications.